Root Canal Therapy
Saving Staten Island Teeth
A root canal could save your tooth! When something goes wrong with the pulp inside your tooth, such as decay or infection, we will remove the nerve and pulp, then clean and seal the tooth. Without treatment, the tissue surrounding the tooth will become infected and abscesses may form.
When You Need a Root Canal
- Sensitivity to heat or cold that persists even after the source of heat or cold has been removed
- Darkening or discoloration of the tooth
- Toothache, especially a severe toothache upon application of pressure or chewing
- Swelling and tenderness in the nearby gums
- A recurring inflammation or pimple on the gum
Although there aren’t always symptoms present, if you experience any of these symptoms, please call us right away.